Luis Gustavo Vagos
M +55 21 99748 7586
T +55 21 3558 0570
Luis Gustavo Vagos advises local and international clients on Corporate and Compliance matters. He has significant experience in conducting due diligence procedures, internal investigations, compliance trainings, as well as in the development, improvement and location of compliance programs for domestic and international clients. Mr. Vagos also has significant experience in advising clients in compliance- related matters on M&A operations. He worked previously as law clerk at the Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office.
LLM at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies/ University of London (graduated with Distinction);
Bachelor of Laws (JD Equivalent) at Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais – IBMEC (Magna Cum Laude).
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
- Currently advising a multinational oil and gas company in post-settlement obligations imposed by authorities in Brazil and abroad in connection with Car Wash Operation, including in interaction with authorities, conduction of internal investigations, development of internal policies and consultancy on general compliance matters.
- Currently assisting a multinational renewable energy company in M&A transactions with the purpose of mitigating compliance-related risks in light of the Brazilian Clean Company Act and other applicable foreign legislation.
- Currently assisting a multinational renewable energy company in the functioning and improvement of its Compliance Program.
- Currently advising a multinational oil trading company in the monitoring of Operational Car Wash proceedings and assessing their impacts to the company and market.
- Assisted several companies in the development and improvement of their compliance programs.
- Conducted internal investigations and due diligence procedures on behalf of several companies.
- Conducted compliance trainings on behalf of a multinational renewable energy company.
- Advised a multinational oil and gas company in assessing antitrust risks under the Brazilian Law.
- Assisted a tobacco industry conglomerate in assessing impacts on its compliance program in the context of changes in its shareholder structure.