Luís Gustavo Vagos
M +55 21 99748 7586
T +55 21 3558 0570
Luís Gustavo Vagos advises local and international clients on Corporate and Compliance matters. He has significant experience in conducting due diligence procedures, internal investigations and compliance trainings, as well as in the development and improvement of compliance programs of multinational companies. Mr. Vagos has also significant experience in advising clients in compliance-related matters on M&A operations. He worked previously at the Federal Prosecutor’s Office.
LLM at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies/ University of London (graduated with Distinction);
Bachelor of Laws (JD Equivalent) at Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais – IBMEC (Magna Cum Laude).
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
- Currently advising a multinational company in the Oil and Gas sector in fulfilling obligations assumed in the Leniency Agreements/ Deferred Prosecution Agreement entered into with Brazilian and American authorities in connection with Operation Car Wash. Activities include preparing periodic reports on the improvement of the company’s compliance program, developing and improving compliance policies and procedures, conducting internal investigations and training, as well as consultancy on general matters involving compliance and corporate ethics.
- Currently assisting multinational companies in the renewable energy sector in the development and improvement of their compliance programs.
- Advised a multinational company in the renewable energy sector in an M&A transaction with the purpose of mitigating compliance risks, considering the Clean Companies Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act and other applicable anti-corruption laws.
- Assisted a multinational company in the Oil and Gas sector in monitoring the Operation Car Wash, analyzing its impacts on the company’s compliance program.
- Advised several multinational companies in the development and improvement of their compliance programs, as well as in general compliance matters.
- Conducted internal investigations and due diligence procedures on behalf of multinational companies.
- Conducted compliance trainings on behalf of a multinational company in the renewable energy sector.
- Assisted a multinational company in the Oil and Gas sector in conducting a risk assessment under the Clean Companies Act and other foreign anti-corruption laws.
- Assisted a multinational company in the Oil and Gas sector in assessing compliance impacts in connection with corporate reorganizations of its affiliates and joint ventures.
- Advised a multinational company in the tobacco sector in assessing compliance impacts in connection with the company’s corporate reorganization.
- Assisted a multinational company in the tobacco sector in developing a procedure for conducting internal investigations.