Salim Jorge Saud Neto
T +55 21 3558-0510
M +55 21 99736-1900
Salim Saud Neto has about 20 years of experience in large law firms throughout the Americas, including Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, New York, and Houston. Salim has advised in complex multijurisdictional corporate and M&A transactions. He has worked in major corruption and compliance cases, including some of the largest corruption scandals in history, has conducted internal investigations, assisted clients in connection with Congressional Investigations, developed and implemented compliance programs and advised clients on general compliance matters. Mr. Saud litigation and dispute resolution experience includes acting in different arbitrations and litigation cases.
Salim Saud is also a lecturer on several topics relating to compliance, including hosting webinars on the Petrobras Car Wash Scandal since its inception, and has participated in various seminars as a lecturer. He also leads and is a professor of the compliance program of the prestigious university Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV) and teaches Arbitration and Compliance at the post-graduate courses of the Brazilian Bar, Rio de Janeiro Section.
Columbia University, LLM; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Parker School Certificate of Achievement in International and Comparative Law, Director Columbia Latin America Business and Law Association
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Yale University (Law Seminar, 1999)
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
Brazil, São Paulo
US District Court for the Southern District of New York
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
- Conducted risk assessment, development and improvement of the compliance program of a tobacco sector conglomerate that was recognized as a Pro-Ethics Company
- Conducted risk assessment and development of the international money laundering compliance and prevention program for an international luxury trade group in Brazil
- Conducted a compliance and anti-money laundering training at the two largest development banks in Brazil.
- Currently conducting the risk assessment and development of the compliance program of a multinational medical industry.
- Currently working in leniency process with the competent authorities in Brazil and abroad.
- Currently assisting a multinational food industry corporation in an administrative proceeding under the Anti-Corruption Law
- Risk assessment and development of compliance programs for companies from different sectors.
- Helped a financial institution respond to demands from a Parliamentary Inquiry Committees (CPI).
- Due diligence on the acquisition of a block of oil exploration.
- Internal training in Anti-Corruption, Compliance and Government relations for several clients
- Represented a company in the Oil & Gas industry in negotiating Petrobras’ newly implemented compliance standards and its requirements
- Helps foreign investors and oil and gas industry companies regarding to investigations, processes and procedures of the Car Wash operation
- Helped several companies regarding compliance concerns related to contracts and distribution of tickets for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Helped a company sponsoring the 2012 Olympic Games in London in connection with the distribution of tickets for the Olympic events.
- Helped companies in connection with the distribution of tickets to FIFA World Cup games in 2014 in Brazil
- Due diligence of FCPA procedures regarding to a social investment and its requirements, imposed by the Law of Angola.
- Due diligence of employees for companies operating in Brazil and Angola
- Due diligence of acquisition related to M & A of health clinics
- Due diligence of acquisition related to M & A of educational institutions
- Due diligence of acquisition related to M & A of oil and gas service companies
- Currently performing the risk assessment and development of the compliance program of a construction conglomerate
- Currently assisting multinational corporation in conducting preventive internal investigations in the context of Operation Car Wash
- Currently assisting multinational company in adapting its compliance program to the requirements of Brazilian Law
- Analyzed and revised the compliance program of an infrastructure company
- Assistance to bank in connection with Congressional Investigations Committees in Brazil
- In-house training for the sales force of a multinational open-source software company
- In-house training in Anti-Corruption, Compliance & Government Relations for the management of a multinational corporation in the tobacco industry
- Representing a company in the Oil & Gas industry in the negotiation of Petrobras’ newly implemented compliance standards and requirements
- Assistance to a worldwide fuel distributor in the compliance due diligence of potential partners in Brazil.
- Assisted company in connection with compliance concerns associated with contracts for the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games.
- Assisted company sponsoring the London 2012 Olympic Games in connection with distribution of tickets for Olympic events.
- Assisted companies in connection with distribution of tickets for matches of the Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup
- FCPA due diligence proceedings in connection with social investment requirements imposed under Angolan Law
- Due diligence of agents for companies acting in Brazil and Angola
- Acquisition due diligence in connection with M&A of health clinics, educational institutions and oil & gas service companies
- Assistance to clients in connection with Petrobras investigations proceeding
- Analysis of exposure to anti-bribery liability in connection with investments in Brazil for multinational company with joint venture partners involved in Operation Car Wash.
- Professor, Head of the Anticorruption Compliance Program at Getulio Vargas University (FGV)
- Member of the Brazilian Bar (Rio de Janeiro) Committee on Arbitration
- Lecturer, Compliance Program of the Post Graduate Course on M&A, Brazilian Bar (Rio de Janeiro), since 2017
- Lecturer, Post Graduate Course on Arbitration, Brazilian Bar (Rio de Janeiro), since 2009
- Lecturer, FCPA Conference, Washington DC, November 2017
- Lecturer, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th International Compliance Congress and Regulatory Summit, São Paulo, 2015 – 2018
- Lecturer, FCPA and the Life Sciences Industry, New York, June 2018
- Lecturer, Andean FCPA Conference, Bogota, Colombia, November 2016
- Lecturer, 7th Global Forum on Anti-Corruption Compliance in High Risks Markets, Washington DC, July 2016
- Lecturer, Ethisphere’s Latin America Ethics Summit, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, 2015 and 2016
- Lecturer, Spotlight on Latin America: Focus on Mexican Energy Reform and Brazilian Anti-Corruption Implications, New York, NY, October 2015
- Lecturer, Workshop on Internal Investigations, LEC, Rio de Janeiro, November 2015
- Lecturer, The Brazilian Clean Companies Act, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, March 2014
- Lecturer on US Corporate Law and Law & Economics, University of California – Davis LLM, 2008
- Lecturer, United Nations High-Level Meeting for the development of the Oil & Gas Industry, Doha, 2007