T +55 21 2588-8028
M +55 21 99545-1900
Bernardo Viana advises domestic and foreign companies in Corporate and Compliance matters. With strong venture capital and oil & gas experience in Brazil and West Africa, Bernardo has advised in M&A transactions of internet companies and on concession contracts, production sharing agreements, consortium agreements, joint operating agreements (JOA), joint bidding agreements (JBA), farm-out agreements, assignment agreements, unitization agreements and unitization operating agreements (UOA).
Bernardo also has strong experience on Compliance matters, having advised numerous companies in connection with due diligences and internal investigations, as well as the preparation and localization of compliance programs.
- Represented a São Paulo based Internet Company in Series B Equity Funding.
- Represented GuiaBolso, a Brazil based internet company, in Series C Equity Funding.
- Internal Investigations for different clients in connection with Operation Car Wash.
- Training on compliance matters, including investigations and due diligence.
- Assistance to clients in the implementation of compliance programs
- Assistance to different clients in the monitoring of Operation Car Wash
- Represented a Colombian E&P company in the evaluation of several oil and gas assets in Brazil and West Africa.
- Represented a major investment fund in a complete evaluation on regulatory and contractual aspects of the assets of a national E&P company.
- Represented a major service company in drafting a local content regulation proposal to ANP for specific cases of facilities/pipelines sharing.
- Represented Thailand-based PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) in the US $220 million acquisition of Shell’s 20% participating interest in the BM-ES-23 Concession (Espírito Santo Basin) in deepwater offshore in Brazil.
- Represented BNP Paribas in a US $150 million reserve-based lending facility for Central Resources do Brasil Produção de Petróleo Ltda., an oil and gas producing and operating company that owns the rights to a majority of production from two important onshore fields in Brazil.
- Represented a large U.S. service company in a US $300 million negotiation of claims with Petrobras.
- Represented a giant Chinese NOC in a US $700 million negotiation of claims with Petrobras.
Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo (UFES), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)