Salim Jorge Saud Neto
T +55 21 2588-8004
M +55 21 99736-1900
Salim Saud Neto has over 15 years of experience in large law firms throughout the Americas, including Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, New York, and Houston. Salim has advised in complex corporate and M&A transactions with multijurisdictional. With knowledge of the energy and oil & gas industry, he has worked in major corruption and compliance cases, including some of the largest corruption scandals in history, has conducted internal investigations, assisted clients in connection with Congressional Investigations, developed and implemented compliance programs and advised clients on general compliance matters. Mr. Saud litigation and dispute resolution experience includes acting in different arbitrations and litigation cases.
Salim Saud is also a lecturer on several topics relating to compliance, including hosting webinars on the Petrobras Car Wash Scandal since its inception, and has participated in various seminars as a lecturer. He also leads and is a professor of the compliance program of the prestigious university Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV) and teaches Arbitration for the post-graduate course on Arbitration of the Brazilian Bar, Rio de Janeiro Section.
- Internal Investigations and assistance to several clients with interests in the Operation Car Wash – Petrobras Scandal.
- Assistance to clients in connection with Congressional Investigations (CPI) in Brazil
- Due diligence investigation in connection with the hiring of consultants and agents for several companies acting in Brazil and in Angola.
- Investigation in connection with mandatory social investments in Angola.
- Internal Investigation in connection with corruption allegations in Brazil for several clients, from small to large corporations. Conducting interviews, reviewing documents and public records and preparing memorandum of conclusions and supporting documentation. When necessary, suggesting remedial measures and improvements to compliance programs.
- Assistance to clients in connection with criminal prosecution.
- Assisted company sponsoring the London 2012 Olympic Games in connection with distribution of tickets for Olympic events.
- Assisting company in connection with the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games.
- Assisted companies in connection with distribution of tickets for matches of the Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Developed compliance programs for companies operating in Brazil. Reviewed compliance programs in light of the Brazilian Clean Companies Act.
- Presentation of in-house training sessions for various clients.
- Compliance assistance in connection with dealings with governmental authorities.
Columbia University, LLM; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Parker School Certificate of Achievement in International and Comparative Law
Director Columbia Latin America Business and Law Association
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
Brazil, São Paulo
US District Court for the Southern District of New York
Professor, Head of the Anticorruption Compliance Program at Getulio Vargas University (FGV)
Member of the Brazilian Bar (Rio de Janeiro) Committee on Arbitration
Lecturer, Post Graduate Course on Arbitration, Brazilian Bar (Rio de Janeiro), since 2009
Lecturer, ACI 7th Global Forum on Anti-Corruption Compliance in High Risks Markets, Washington DC, July 2016 Lecturer, Spotlight on Latin America: Focus on Mexican Energy Reform and Brazilian Anti-Corruption Implications, New York, NY, October 2015
Lecturer, 4th International Compliance Congress and Regulatory Summit, São Paulo, May 2016
Lecturer, Ethisphere’s 2015 Latin America Ethics Summit, Rio de Janeiro, June 2015
Lecturer, Workshop on Internal Investigations, LEC, Rio de Janeiro, November 2015
Lecturer, 3th LEC International Compliance Congress and Regulatory Summit, São Paulo, May 2015
Lecturer on US Corporate Law and Law & Economics, University of California – Davis LLM, 2008
Lecturer, United Nations High-Level Meeting for the development of the Oil & Gas Industry, Doha, 2007
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish